New website

Discuss the new site and features.
Forum rules
Updates. Issues. Resolutions.

If you don't see it here, feel free to ask!
Please note that the new site is in its early infancy, and asking the same question will not lead to different results.
That said, a number of features will be returning as soon as the site is stable and reliable.
DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Re: New website

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sat May 19, 2018 12:51 am

You might be onto something here.
Is this your old account, or a freshly-created one having this issue?
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

trillian59

Postby trillian59 » Sun May 20, 2018 2:59 am

this is an old account. It still has the problem (tested on several series now) that the "manage" buttons instantly vanish, as soon as I edit anything (pic, episode, does not matter). My changes are stored, but I can never again change them.

trillian59

Postby trillian59 » Sun May 20, 2018 3:06 am

addon (too late to edit the last msg):

Also the "search page" is really strange now (at least for me). If you search something (lets say "Die Schätze des Tutanchamun" in "german") you get a list of possible matches. But the list is very unsorted/unbalanced. A full match for instance is the LAST entry of the list. This should be surely on top of it! Currently you have to search the not-so-short list manually to find what you are looking for. This is very time consuming. (btw: api searches are even worse, I often have to use the webpage to search by hand, get the id and enter that one into the api search...)

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sun May 20, 2018 3:10 am

Okay, so recording the password stored by your Password Manager, logging out, clearing saved passwords and cookies for thetvdb.com, then logging back in - that doesn't do anything?

What browser / OS is this on?

As to the second issue, ElasticSearch is not yet implemented, only a very basic (as far as I know, SELECT * LIKE) query.

trillian59

Postby trillian59 » Sun May 20, 2018 3:17 am

i clear everything now and report back later.
OS is W10-1803x64 with Firefox (no filters installed) "recent" (which currently means 60.0.0.1x64)

trillian59

Postby trillian59 » Sun May 20, 2018 3:39 am

back:-) (Pfff!)

cleared everything, closed browser, deleted caches.

Logging in to either the forum or the normal webpage did not work anymore! all previously stored passwords did not work (which makes me wonder how I could log in at all before...).
Anyway, requesting password resets did work, got new ones per mail.

(note: I have different usernames on both sites, because somehow strangely one was blocked those days, so we have to deal with different accounts)

The forum seems to work normally again.

The webpage still has strange effects
For instance (look at screenshot), I have once added a pic to an episode, I now can again edit the episode herself (did not work before), but still I am not able to change/delete the pic anymore. Clicking on it will only bring up the option to download it and some status infos... (cant add screenshot :-( )

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sun May 20, 2018 3:41 am

Glad to see you're back in! :)
The image editing options are being worked on, to my knowledge it's a similar bug to the edit/translations issue.

If you have particular image(s) you'd like deleted, just list them here, and I'd be happy to remove them. :)

trillian59

Postby trillian59 » Sun May 20, 2018 3:50 am

DarklightIndigo wrote:Glad to see you're back in! :)
If you have particular image(s) you'd like deleted, just list them here, and I'd be happy to remove them. :)

Tnx, but nothing in the queue currently :D

I only took this as a sign that "something is still not correct".

Much more important issues are "english required" and "api search does not work good anymore". Focus on them, I can live with "better check twice before you upload the wrong pic" ;)

windb

Postby windb » Sun May 20, 2018 10:37 am

I am trying to get a new password for my old account.
Finally receiving the password reset email (after days of trying), BUT...
The site lets me change the password, tells me it has been successfully changed, asks me to login:

NO LUCK: getting the error message :( :

This account has not yet been validated. Please check the email associated with this account and follow the link it contains.

I tried multiple times, with Chrome, with Microsoft Edge, same result every time.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sun May 20, 2018 10:45 am

This may be a cookies issue?
viewtopic.php?p=132569#p132532