New website

Discuss the new site and features.
Forum rules
Updates. Issues. Resolutions.

If you don't see it here, feel free to ask!
Please note that the new site is in its early infancy, and asking the same question will not lead to different results.
That said, a number of features will be returning as soon as the site is stable and reliable.
jobrien2001

Re: New website

Postby jobrien2001 » Sat May 05, 2018 3:50 am

While i see the direction is good, adding episodes is more work.

Wishlist for adding episodes:

-Autogenerated episode number (like before)
-"Save and add Another button" . I dont want to click save, then go back and add episode. Save us some steps.
- Get rid of so much vertical scrolling. Consolidate stuff side by side where possible. Episode name, number, airdate, and description should be at the very top... and add another save button at the top so i dont have to scroll down to the bottom to find it.

JBaby_9783

Postby JBaby_9783 » Sat May 05, 2018 4:18 am

jobrien2001 wrote:While i see the direction is good, adding episodes is more work.

-"Save and add Another button" . I dont want to click save, then go back and add episode. Save us some steps.
- Get rid of so much vertical scrolling. Consolidate stuff side by side where possible. Episode name, number, airdate, and description should be at the very top... and add another save button at the top so i dont have to scroll down to the bottom to find it.

Yes, please implement all of this because it is so much more work now.

Side note: I do like how it works on mobile for the most part. It looks good and works well on my iPhone X. I never liked adding episodes on my phone before.

JohnJohnson

Postby JohnJohnson » Tue May 08, 2018 5:24 am

Awesome to see that you listen to the users/editors :) Big thanks for that!

Next suggestion from me - Consider making a "Classic Layout"-version of the site, that editors can choose to use.
I know that its much harder to implement, than it sounds, but I am sure it would be a big hit amongst the editors :)

MrsAngelD

Postby MrsAngelD » Tue May 08, 2018 1:21 pm

jobrien2001 wrote:While i see the direction is good, adding episodes is more work.

I really would love to see the save & add another button. The one good thing about the previous iteration was being able to quickly add multiple episodes then edit the details.

Maretoh

Postby Maretoh » Tue May 08, 2018 3:10 pm

FYI the autogenerated episode number has been added.
An episode a day keeps the doctor away.

JBaby_9783

Postby JBaby_9783 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Maretoh wrote:FYI the autogenerated episode number has been added.

Thank you so much!!!

wayned42

Postby wayned42 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:48 pm

I noticed that if I enter a FirstAired date in the old format, such as 2018-05-18, the date is silently discarded instead of being accepted/converted (or at least warned about). It would be nice if these dates were still allowed.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Tue May 08, 2018 7:59 pm

I know there were plans to make the date format customisable per-user, and it's certainly something I'd like to see sooner than later. :)
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

Maretoh

Postby Maretoh » Wed May 09, 2018 12:58 pm

cmh31909 wrote:What happened to the 'favorites' on the home page?
It was really nice to be able to have all of your series on the home page and just click a link without having to search.

The feature is now back on. You can add series as favorite on the series' pages, and you can find all your personal favorites in the member dashboard under your pseudo on the top right of the website.
An episode a day keeps the doctor away.

JBaby_9783

Postby JBaby_9783 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:59 pm

I’ve just added a special episode but I couldn’t add the “Airs before episode” date.