New website

Discuss the new site and features.
Forum rules
Updates. Issues. Resolutions.

If you don't see it here, feel free to ask!
Please note that the new site is in its early infancy, and asking the same question will not lead to different results.
That said, a number of features will be returning as soon as the site is stable and reliable.
ffrraaa

New website

Postby ffrraaa » Wed May 02, 2018 4:02 pm

Hi!
The new site is unluckily not working for me: most of time it doesn’t load, I can’t find the search bar and the login page, plus I did not receive the email to reset my password (but I read somewhere else I should). Is it normal because it’s all about the first moments the new website is online or can I fix those issues? Thanks!
— Francesco

olliebean

Re: New website

Postby olliebean » Wed May 02, 2018 5:11 pm

I'm finding it a bit of a nightmare tbh. It seems slower than the old site, and everything is too big - keep having to scroll up and down to see all the details of anything, whereas before you could see a whole season, or all the details of an episode, on one screen. I occasionally add new episodes to the database, but I don't know if I'll have the patience to keep doing it on this new site. Too much extra clicking required.

sp1ti

Postby sp1ti » Wed May 02, 2018 6:02 pm

That launch was... sudden :o. It will certainly speed up in a bit I guess. Loads of data to cache. Already gotten my first timeouts tho :(.

You can do a PW reset manually btw.

cmh31909

Postby cmh31909 » Wed May 02, 2018 6:50 pm

I am not receiving password reset emails either....but I sure get a lot of 503 errors...lol

One2go

Postby One2go » Wed May 02, 2018 7:10 pm

To be very honest I would not consider this a successful roll out here is why.

On Internet explorer 11 as well as the latest FireFox browser I get the error message when trying to log in:
An unexpected error occurred.
Class 'Application\Src\Helpers' not found

However it does work on Chrome on my mobile device but you have to switch to request a desktop version to get the menu bars.

I know you are doing all you can and I also have come to realize how many people, organizations and other products rely on your website.

Waiting patiently

TorrentialStorm

Postby TorrentialStorm » Wed May 02, 2018 10:38 pm

as far as I can tell, there's no "all episodes" page anymore, this is awful.

bluesquirrel

Postby bluesquirrel » Thu May 03, 2018 12:04 am

I cannot login.

I clicked Forgot Password, reset it. Received the Email. Clicked the link. Created new password. Attempt to login and all I get is a Cloudflare issue or the page just simply reloads back at the Login page.

wayned42

Postby wayned42 » Thu May 03, 2018 12:31 am

I (barely) managed to get logged in, and trying to add a few guest-star names results in a SQL error that is complaining about an empty-string IMDB_ID being a duplicate:

Code: Select all

An exception occurred while executing 'UPDATE tvepisodes SET EpisodeNumber=?, FirstAired=?, GuestStars=?, Director=?, Writer=?, ProductionCode=?, DVD_Season=?, DVD_episodenumber=?, absolute_number=?, airsafter_season=?, airsbefore_season=?, airsbefore_episode=?, IMDB_ID=?, is_movie=?, lastupdated=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, lastupdatedby=? WHERE id=?' with params ["88", "2018-05-02", "|Geoff Brousseau|Josh Hill|Laura Buermann|", "||", "||", "7753", "34", "168.0", "", null, null, null, "", null, "384674", "6631494"]: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '' for key 'IMDB_ID'

chanwilson01

Postby chanwilson01 » Thu May 03, 2018 6:15 am

As a viewer I think the new site looks better, but as an editor like me it's a nightmare like some of you have mentioned.
Everything is too big, hard to navigate

I don't know how many people visiting the site would only browse, this is supposed to be a database to support 3rd program like Plex or Video Station from Synology.

The site should be made editor friendly like how it was before.
This new site, I feel, would put me off from wanting to made changes or add new info...

I'm looking forward to some kind of official response

rev.pragon

Postby rev.pragon » Thu May 03, 2018 6:34 am

give it a try... i´m also editing a lot. when i saw the site first a while back ago i also thought.... "wow, ok...", now it´s there. be patient when everything is working (at my first try´s i couldn´t add an episode thumbnail, editing an actor and add some details have worked) and then try again. my only problem at this time is that my tool (mediaelch) dont find any infos, or the show itself. hopefully this will work soon.