TheTVDB.com

Online TV Database
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Site outage today
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:58 am 
Former Site Admin

Thanks Scott! Glad to know everything is under control. Is there anything we should/can be doing to help? Or should we lay off using the TVDB to avoid stressing it or anything?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:01 am 

silkshadow wrote:
Thanks Scott! Glad to know everything is under control. Is there anything we should/can be doing to help? Or should we lay off using the TVDB to avoid stressing it or anything?

Actually, please continue to use as normal as possible. I made some quick tweaks overnight last night (EDT) so things should be marginally better, but I'm gathering perf data so getting an accurate picture is extremely valuable.

Looks like I'll be bringing the site down briefly at some point today to make some larger changes, shouldn't be for more than just a couple of minute to bounce a few things but I'll update before I do so.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:39 am 

Downtime beginning now, will update when it's back.
Edit: Downtime done.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:52 pm 

Expect the site to be a bit flaky for a bit this evening, found the bug causing the db issues and am pushing updates for it now along with some other changes (potentially).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:10 pm 
Forum Owner

<3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:37 pm 

Things should (hopefully) be pretty stable now, we now have nginx serving most of the static content along with apache and db fixes/tweaks. We'll see how it does over the next few days, but overall there should be noticeable improvements and less asplody.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:58 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for all your help MattS. We greatly appriciate it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:34 am 

So are you guys still having issues with the site? I have quite a few TV Shows that are not scraping properly.

If so I have seen people refer to a publicly viewable processing queue that is available. Where can this be located so I know when to attempt a re-scrape and stop nagging you guys? :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:39 am 
Site Admin

krazypoloc wrote:
So are you guys still having issues with the site? I have quite a few TV Shows that are not scraping properly.

If so I have seen people refer to a publicly viewable processing queue that is available. Where can this be located so I know when to attempt a re-scrape and stop nagging you guys? :)

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=reports
It's currently at 4 series, which means it's caught up. If you're having trouble with a particular series make a support post and we'll look into it. Make sure you link to the series itself from your post.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:47 am 

szsori wrote:
krazypoloc wrote:

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=reports
It's currently at 4 series, which means it's caught up. If you're having trouble with a particular series make a support post and we'll look into it. Make sure you link to the series itself from your post.

Thanks a lot. I am actually interfacing via YAMJ, doing a rescrape now....I guess we will see how it goes....going to take a while for 10TB of data to scrape.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next